• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crimea

uvelocity

The geopolitical take.

That first point is a very, very good one IMO.
disagree mate, i think the final points are closer to the thinking. physical distance is irrelevant to war nowadays, comparing the results of conflict from 70 and 100 years ago couldn't come into any realistic strategy.

Spark

Global Moderator
disagree mate, i think the final points are closer to the thinking. physical distance is irrelevant to war nowadays, comparing the results of conflict from 70 and 100 years ago couldn't come into any realistic strategy.
Where did you get this from? Really don't think it's true. Just ask Georgia.

I mean, this especially applies to Russia which, historically, has been geographically indefensible save for the fact that it's ****ing massive.

Last edited:

uvelocity

just a thought only. but that infantry is just about superseded - air supremacy is the name of the game nowadays, and whether your border is 10 or 1000km is immaterial

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Planes have to take off from somewhere. A plane coming from 1000km away will take longer to hit you than one that's taking off 200ks away.

Dan

Global Moderator
Still love the glitch in Civ where if Gandhi discovers democracy he becomes a nuclear-empowered warmonger with aggression set to 255/10.

Shri

He was supposed to be the least aggressive but there was a bug with the coding which made their input mean that he was the most aggressive instead. It was funny so they left it in.:laugh:

Surprised to not see anyone spelling his name Ghandi here.