• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Naruto Mafia - Game Thread

Shri

There was uproar in the Leaf Village. It wasn't supposed to be like this. The Chunin exams were supposed to be an organised, civilised affair. An opportunity for junior ninjas from across the villages to fight each other to the death in an orderly fashion to progress their careers. What sort of low life barbarian would use them as cover to start a fight? Such sneaking and deception could not be allowed to stand; it was not the ninja way.

As the first blows of the battle were struck an emergency meeting of the Village council was called. With spies and infiltrators in play it was no surprise that their first action was to summon their chief interrogator.

What was surprising (and frankly outright disappointing) was that he was already dead.

Magrat Garlic has been killed. She was Ibiki.

As a powerful ninja closed in he did not panic, despite being hopelessly overmatched. He was hopelessly outmatched every week, but through a combination of heart, gumption and narrative necessity he always pulled through.

So he uttered some bold words, charged headlong at the enemy, and waited for some outrageous stroke of fortune to deliver him.

It didn't.

Athlai is dead. He was Naruto.

It is now Day 1
The write up says mags was our chief interrogator. So I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deputy on town's side.

And the write up has made it sound like mags was a passive 3p kill so I am going to assume that athlai was killed by maf.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can you tell us more about weeman?

Tradition round here is a D1 no lynch but after that start we can ill afford it

Teja.

Global Moderator
I don't think sledger should tell us more about his role if he can avoid it. I'm inclined to go with sledger's info provided so far if he just trusts it is strong enough.

Lynch weeman

Shri

Wouldn't be surprised if sledger and teja are maf because they're being too greedy and aggressive here in trying to get a 3rd lynch really quickly. We need more information from sledger before we lynch. We'll not lynch for the next 6 or 8 hours so that people can get their words in but yeah, we have to lynch after that. Last game was despicable strategically for town. But not this fast.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I'm not saying anything else. The info I have strongly suggests Weeman is a red, and as above, as far as I can tell there is no reason to think the info isn't accurate.

Shri

Yeah I'm not saying anything else. The info I have strongly suggests Weeman is a red, and as above, as far as I can tell there is no reason to think the info isn't accurate.
14 player game with 2 townies down already. 12.

We mislynch today, 11.

If Maf night kill, 10.

If weeman turns out to be town, you're next.

Lynch weeman

honestbharani

Wait, is it now a ****ing tradition that a returning player be taken out N0?

And sledger, what do you mean by trustworthy? I don't want to hammer this lynch before everyone has had a chance to have their say.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

And sledger, what do you mean by trustworthy? I don't want to hammer this lynch before everyone has had a chance to have their say.
I've not used this word, so I dunno what you're referring to.

Shri

Also I saw weeman reading the thread a few moments ago and he's gone away without defending himself. Seems suss.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

In fact, if I was being sceptical, I'd say this sounds like a question concocted having bounced ideas around with others. Trustworthy is a very specific word, which as I say, I had not used. Odd that you would just choose to throw it out there without context.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In fact, if I was being sceptical, I'd say this sounds like a question concocted having bounced ideas around with others. Trustworthy is a very specific word, which as I say, I had not used. Odd that you would just choose to throw it out there without context.
Inclined to agree but I've found hb suss every game to date, I think it's just his way with words - generally speaking

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah. I am not accusing him of anything at this stage, but food for thought for anyone with a visiting/investigative role.

honestbharani

@sledger: I read Teja's post and then responded. If it makes it easier, I basically meant to ask are you sure of your info. And yeah I would still like to wait before we hammer. I am ok with lynching him as it is only D1 and we have time to recover from a mislynch. But if he can post his side before we hammer that might help. I have been part of 2 such lynches in the last 3 games and both have been MLs, hence my caution.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I get that. Was just an unusual turn of phrase that stood out to me. As I say, possibly somewhat suggestive of something you're not revealing, but I will leave that alone for now.