• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Political Correctness Gone Mad

Shri

bless your soul that you've never heard of the evil TRAs and TIMs, destroying the Noble Woman with male socialization.

it was pretty bad but i actually don't think the worst excesses were on reddit, that tended to be saved for the conferences the most dedicated to the cause kept organizing with the Heritage Foundation.
I've got some news you might not like. Jordan Peterson is apparently back after drug rehab to tell us all to clean our rooms.

weldone

Good. It means I won't get banned after ripping into your bs too.
I am newly exposed to the subject of trans activism personally - reading different perspectives in detail, so don't have a well-formed nuanced opinion of my own on the subject yet. I don't fully agree with her either. Just found the perspective interesting (not necessarily 'the' correct perspective). Apologies to mods if it came across the wrong way in my first post.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
if you are genuinely interested in the topic i'm happy to provide links, but I wouldn't start from assuming Rowling's articles are made and platformed in good faith

StephenZA

Rowling's opinion is unfortunately based on her bad experiences. It is not an uncommon from a feminist perspective to hold her views because she feels that the transgender community threatened her ability to speak up for what she felt feminism was and should be. Straight out of the feminist '70s issues. This has been shown to be wrong many times, and is an inherent attempt to try simplify and nullify a very complex issue.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No, thanks. I prefer doing my own research unless I find someone extremely knowledgeable about the subject which I have no reason to believe you are.
The extremely intelligent member with real life experience isn't knowledgeable? FMD weldone, that's about as poor a post as its possible to make.

honestbharani

weldone, I think you do get treated roughly around here for whatever reasons but come on man, you should know what is wrong with that post there in reply to Mags..

weldone

The extremely intelligent member with real life experience isn't knowledgeable? FMD weldone, that's about as poor a post as its possible to make.
weldone, I think you do get treated roughly around here for whatever reasons but come on man, you should know what is wrong with that post there in reply to Mags..
Uh, I don't know much about Magrat Garlick that's why I said 'I have no reason to believe...' What did I miss? Is Magrat a transgender person? I apologize genuinely if so. I didn't know.

Last edited: