• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The British Politics Thread

Spark

Global Moderator
Mate,

As you have posted about the ban multiple times in this thread already I shall reply to you here itself. If that's against the rules, then you have broken it before me.

Firstly, the ban was not for one month but for one week. This means either a) you assigned the wrong duration, or, b) you can't count (which is a superset of 'a'), or c) you were lying.

Secondly, this send-off celebration from you after banning me was a bit Sreesanth-like.

Thirdly, just like your field of mathematics, antisemitism is an area for technical experts. If you read up on the subject and racism in general from work of scholars of repute, you'd know exactly what the words mean - what constitutes antisemitism and equally importantly what doesn't. You'd also know why designating non-racists as racists is harmful in the long-run, just as designating racists as non-racists is. Norman Finkelstein's mother survived the Warsaw Ghetto, the Majdanek concentration camp, and two slave labor camps. Her first husband died in war. Norman's father, active in Hashomer Hatzair, was a survivor of both the Warsaw Ghetto and the Auschwitz concentration camp. Norman later became one of the most well-known scholars in the world on the topic of antisemitism, Israel-Palestine conflict, and Holocaust. Read some books on the subject. Trust me, it will not make you less knowledgeable. And maybe you'd be able to quote someone of repute rather than our very own clueless Uppercut (lol) in your ban messages.
You can keep going trying to claim that the widespread and near-universal view of the actual Jewish community in the UK that the Labour Party under Corbyn tolerated ideologically left-wing antisemitism and allowed it to fester to a degree that they regarded as intolerable was just all the Jews of the UK was just a con that was, to directly quote your video, "designed and manipulated" and literally says "Jews were the spearhead of the campaign to stop Corbyn".

Finkelstein is Jewish. You are not. RT -- the Russian state media org that created that video -- is not. You uncritically repeating such nakedly anti-semitic tropes and claims -- quite literally, Jews invented a mass media conspiracy to crush their political opponents -- says much less about what Finkelstein than about what you believe, and what you believe is an appropriate way to respond to questions about anti-semitic behaviour. You are perfectly at liberty to continue this sort of posting, I and all the other mods will also be at liberty to react by debating whether the most appropriate infraction category is posting offensive (light) or disparaging comments based on race.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

grecian

Weldone when I asked you as to your eligibility to vote it was a genuine question. There was nothing loaded in it and I don't think I've ever questioned your interest.

I think your views are bad and seem to fit that sort of London Labour middle class not of this world kind of thing. Nothing to do with your skin colour, if anything I think it's something I expect of white folk more. I pour scorn over most of the opinions in here because quite frankly unless you're signing along to anatomy of the state you're full of **** as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, over the last decade we've butted heads plenty, we will again. I'm disappointed you'd ask if the colour of your skin is why I challenge your politics.
Isn't this rather the problem in here though, people want to fit people into easy groups of risibility, just for ease, whilst the new cabal or indeed umm coterie, just are themselves and excepted as such.

Maybe it would be an idea to stop doing this, like for instance saying all brexiteers are racist, which I am sure some people don't like as an argument, and just judge all views on merits, or in Welldone's case lack of. Then it stops people having an easy out.

Anywhhoo, Pubs open today, wouldn't catch me near one if you paid me, unfortunately some staff have no choice.

weldone

You can keep going trying to claim that the widespread and near-universal view of the actual Jewish community in the UK that the Labour Party under Corbyn tolerated ideologically left-wing antisemitism and allowed it to fester to a degree that they regarded as intolerable was just all the Jews of the UK was just a con that was, to directly quote your video, "designed and manipulated" and literally says "Jews were the spearhead of the campaign to stop Corbyn".

Finkelstein is Jewish. You are not. RT -- the Russian state media org that created that video -- is not. You uncritically repeating such nakedly anti-semitic tropes and claims -- quite literally, Jews invented a mass media conspiracy to crush their political opponents -- says much less about what Finkelstein than about what you believe, and what you believe is an appropriate way to respond to questions about anti-semitic behaviour. You are perfectly at liberty to continue this sort of posting, I and all the other mods will also be at liberty to react by debating whether the most appropriate infraction category is posting offensive (light) or disparaging comments based on race.

Hope that helps.
Well yeah, you are. This is embarrassing stuff.
Question - Am I allowed to respond to these? Or does Dan's post mean it is going to be one-way attack from now on?

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Question - Am I allowed to respond to these? Or does Dan's post mean it is going to be one-way attack from now on?
you could respond but it probably means you will only be digging the hole deeper.

you were already given three weeks less of a ban than you probably should have because of an arithmetic error. Don't push it and don't be obsessed with getting the last word.

Line and Length

If I may so bold as to offer an opinion as one on the outside looking in.

Regardless of the issues being debated it would appear that weldone is attempting to address issues while some members are more intent on attacking the man.

grecian

Got to say hugely amused by the mods of this place screwing up over maths, but maybe not the place to bring it up...

Spark

Global Moderator
If I may so bold as to offer an opinion as one on the outside looking in.

Regardless of the issues being debated it would appear that weldone is attempting to address issues while some members are more intent on attacking the man.
The way he is attempting to address these issues is way way way outside the bounds of acceptability on this forum. Reposting a video that says outright that "Jews fabricated a conspiracy to stop my favourite politician" is no more acceptable than "blacks are inherently stupid, lazy and violent"; peddling the most pernicious racial stereotypes is just not on.

Got to say hugely amused by the mods of this place screwing up over maths, but maybe not the place to bring it up...
Adding is hard

Spark

Global Moderator
And Spark too, of all people. Go delete all your posts in the Maths thread man. :laugh:
i no joke legit forgot completely how addition worked during 2nd year of uni. given the actual and quite difficult maths courses i was taking at the same time (PDEs and algebra I) it was more than a little embarrassing

honestbharani

i no joke legit forgot completely how addition worked during 2nd year of uni. given the actual and quite difficult maths courses i was taking at the same time (PDEs and algebra I) it was more than a little embarrassing

I hate PDE man. It was there during 2nd year of my grad course too and my grandma passed away. We went to Varanasi for 2 weeks in train, so it was basically a 3 week holiday from college and when I came back, they had moved past that chapter and I could never work out the head or tail of it. You get these questions for like 20 marks and we have 5 chapters, so u get 1 from each and I did not touch that one. Legit slept at the exam hall after 90 mins or so as the duration was 3 hours and handed in the paper after the junior next to me woke me up 5 mins to the end. There were two chapters that way and I basically had to get 50 out of the 60 marks that I actually attempted. Got 60 though. :p

harsh.ag

The way he is attempting to address these issues is way way way outside the bounds of acceptability on this forum. Reposting a video that says outright that "Jews fabricated a conspiracy to stop my favourite politician" is no more acceptable than "blacks are inherently stupid, lazy and violent"; peddling the most pernicious racial stereotypes is just not on.
Wait, the video said the British elites fabricated a conspiracy (not jews) to stop Corbyn by getting the jews on board on the anti-semitism allegations via the media.

Dunno how someone gets banned for the above.

(Dunno if there was more to the banning or not. If yes, apologies)