• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mafia - main thread

Uppercut

I wouldn't mind running another game, this time a unthemed vanilla one. No new mechanics or weird roles
I'd go with vanilla-ish if you were running again. A theme adds quite a bit of craic imo even if the roles are completely conventional. You did a good job with this one, just made a mistake with the messages, **** happens.

AndyZaltzHair

Imagine all mafias dead by Night 2 and the game went on for thousand years! What a game...

In the end it sucks for rest of the cult but well done

Congrats to Daemon for winning

Thanks to zorax for running

Thingyman

Hi Thingyman, welcome to the forum. And well done on tracking us down on a random cricket forum.* I also note that you have mastered the multi-quote function already which is still beyond me.

Thank you for the invite. It just looks too big a step up in intensity for me from the games here which are quite slow paced and with familiar names. I did enjoy learning that this is actually a real competition out there somewhere. Good luck with it!

*Albeit it is probably the best one.**

**But let us know if you are aware of a better one.
Thanks!

I have incredible detective powers ;)

Mmh, indeed. This is the seventh season, and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon :D

And that's fair enough with regards to the activity. If I'm allowed to post a link, I could link to an example game, so anyone curious or potentially interested could get a sense of the game flow and rhythm.

Red_Ink_Squid

Thanks!

Mmh, indeed. This is the seventh season, and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon :D

And that's fair enough with regards to the activity. If I'm allowed to post a link, I could link to an example game, so anyone curious or potentially interested could get a sense of the game flow and rhythm.
I don't see a problem with you sharing a link - maybe pop it in the specific Mafia World Championship thread which has just been bumped.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Thanks!

do you have an opinion of Ole Mortensen?

honestbharani

Yeah good game overall Zorax. For a debut Mafia game I certainly enjoyed it and definitely felt the thrill yesterday and today as we were heading to the finish.

I dunno how regular mafia games work but one thing I felt about this game was, but for the chance identification of the cult lead, the longer the game went on, the more difficult stopping the cult win was gonna be. As I said, I dunno if that is how every mafia game works but if there was some other way town or even converts could have claimed the game, that might have made it a bit better IMO. Just a thought. Not that the game was not fun and enjoyable, coz it most certainly was and was a good mix of fun and strategy.

Red_Ink_Squid

I dunno how regular mafia games work but one thing I felt about this game was, but for the chance identification of the cult lead, the longer the game went on, the more difficult stopping the cult win was gonna be. As I said, I dunno if that is how every mafia game works but if there was some other way town or even converts could have claimed the game, that might have made it a bit better IMO. Just a thought. Not that the game was not fun and enjoyable, coz it most certainly was and was a good mix of fun and strategy.
FYI this isn't normal, no. Most games don't have a cult, which is a particularly strong faction. Your typical Mafia kill rather than recruit so they don't get stronger as the game goes on.

Rather the Mafia (theoretically) get easier to identify as the game goes on because the suspect pool dwindles, but they'll still have an increasingly higher proportion of the votes if not caught as the villagers die off so there can become a pressure on every town player to vote correctly. (Unlike here where the cult secured the winning lynch from a minority position of 4 vs 8, which required some exceptional circumstances.)

Cult's weakness is that getting the leader brings down the whole faction. As Daemon said, Town definitely had the opportunity to exploit that here but missed the chance.

Glad you enjoyed the game!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So who's running the next?

I'd love to run one but coronavirus has caused me some hectic work ****. Once this project is done I'll pick one up for sure. I had an idea for Sons of Anarchy mafia though would probably need some help.

Anyway in the meantime count me in for the next one

Red_Ink_Squid

So it turns out I was only one abnormally quiet work day away from nailing down a couple of the Mafia games I'd started.

Think I'm ready to run another round now if folks are up for it? Will be themed but not nearly as creative and complex as zorax's one.

Tom Halsey

Yeah I'm in.

Not really interested in the Mafie championship thing though. Reckon UC was right in the other thread that Mafia requires some social context to be fun.

Red_Ink_Squid

On second thought I don't think it's a good idea I run one, I'm noticing another wave of exhaustion coming.
Ah sorry to hear. Hope you are alright soon.

I actually hadn't seen you'd pitched football Mafia before I just posted about my game, would be up for playing that when you're feeling better placed to run it.