• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mafia - main thread

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Read through the QT. Good work by Daemon recruiting a bunch of suckers that lost.

Good game zorax, I'll be honest I wasn't mentally into with everything going on. Though being fully into it might not have helped.

Daemon

haha genuinely did not know my fellow cultists would lose. though I was praying very hard they didn't figure out they'd win if I died

Thingyman

*a stranger knocks on the door*

Hi everyone! I hope it's okay for me to post here. I was waiting for your game to finish so that I hopefully wouldn't be interrupting too much.

So this will be a very peculiar post for you probably, assuming you've never heard about it:

I'm here with an invitation for you guys to something called the Mafia Championship. In short, it's an annual forum-based event where many different communities each send a representative to battle it out and "determine who the Internet's greatest mafia player is". In actuality, it's mostly just a competitive event that's about having fun and making new bonds between communities :)

This year 165 communities will be participating (including other cricket forums). And I was hoping that maybe this was something that sounded intriguing to you guys? I have a document I can link to with much more information, but first I wanted to make sure that it was okay to post it, or if I should be running all this by a staffer here somehow? I can't PM, so I didn't know what else to do.

zorax

likes this
I've already made a thread about the world mafia championship and circulated that email across all the players in our mailing list

unfortunately, it seems no one was interested in taking part

SillyCowCorner1

*a stranger knocks on the door*

Hi everyone! I hope it's okay for me to post here. I was waiting for your game to finish so that I hopefully wouldn't be interrupting too much.

So this will be a very peculiar post for you probably, assuming you've never heard about it:

I'm here with an invitation for you guys to something called the Mafia Championship. In short, it's an annual forum-based event where many different communities each send a representative to battle it out and "determine who the Internet's greatest mafia player is". In actuality, it's mostly just a competitive event that's about having fun and making new bonds between communities :)

This year 165 communities will be participating (including other cricket forums). And I was hoping that maybe this was something that sounded intriguing to you guys? I have a document I can link to with much more information, but first I wanted to make sure that it was okay to post it, or if I should be running all this by a staffer here somehow? I can't PM, so I didn't know what else to do.
Welcome to the forum :)

Daemon

I personally had a lot of fun for obvious reasons. Was a very complicated game and obviously a lot of though went into this, really appreciate the effort. zorax, ya ****ed this up in a couple of places but at the end of the day it's just a game so I hope no ill feelings are harbored by anyone.

Who's next?

Thingyman

I've already made a thread about the world mafia championship and circulated that email across all the players in our mailing list

Oh, I see. That's quite sad :(

I will remain optimistic though and keep checking in. Sometimes people are hesitant to put their own name forth, or well, a lot of the time.

It'd be really cool to have you guys be part of this, so I'm gonna cross my fingers even harder :P

Welcome to the forum :)
Thank you! :D

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I'll try to come up with something but it won't be happening any time soon. I recall Magrat was interested in doing something mythological.

zorax

likes this
I wouldn't mind running another game, this time a unthemed vanilla one. No new mechanics or weird roles

Red_Ink_Squid

Oh, I see. That's quite sad :(

I will remain optimistic though and keep checking in. Sometimes people are hesitant to put their own name forth, or well, a lot of the time.

It'd be really cool to have you guys be part of this, so I'm gonna cross my fingers even harder :P

Thank you! :D
Hi Thingyman, welcome to the forum. And well done on tracking us down on a random cricket forum.* I also note that you have mastered the multi-quote function already which is still beyond me.

Thank you for the invite. It just looks too big a step up in intensity for me from the games here which are quite slow paced and with familiar names. I did enjoy learning that this is actually a real competition out there somewhere. Good luck with it!

*Albeit it is probably the best one.**

**But let us know if you are aware of a better one.

Uppercut

I could conjure up a game at some point too, though I don't have anything ready to go. If Magrat has something then I'm def up for that.

Uppercut

Hey, the way I remember it, we nominated you. I was waiting for you to bring home the trophy.

Red_Ink_Squid

In terms of the next game I do have a few themed games I've been prepping but not quite ready to run just now.

Zorax's vanilla-ish game is probably a good idea if the new players are staying on for the next one.