• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mafia - main thread

honestbharani

Ah well, well played to the cult guys, esp. RIS and Daemon. I suspected Daemon all along but being a newbie, kept deferring to others in the QT. I guess I should have gone with my gut feeling a bit harder than I did. I remember the very first time Daemon said he was not feeling well and I immediately raised suspicion on him. But this was a complex game and with two of the main players in the HCW having converted so much earlier, we were always playing catch up.

One rookie mistake I did make is not to follow up on what Daemon wrote and instead taking RIS's word. And zorax, FFS. Given your umpiring error, you should have done something to help Town out to compensate.

Victor Ian

I claim hooey. Having a plan means nothing if you do not actually carry it out.

Take my sour grapes and let your face implode Zorax :)

zorax

likes this

CW Mafia Health Organisation

All Hail Daemon

-------------------

Last night saw the Wise One ascend to his rightful throne at the top of the Cricket Web Forum moderation team.

A brief struggle during the Day saw the unenlightened lose a democratic vote, following which they were locked up in the News and Politics sub forum. They will be edified on the ways of the Wise One in the coming Nights, and those that continue to struggle will be moved on to their next stage of existence.

After ascending to his throne, the Wise One had scholar RIS unveil a 3-Day plan to control the spread of The Plague, following which NP10 will deliver us the promised cure.

This marks a big day for The Wise One and the CricketWeb forum. Not only has he saved us from the the virus, but he has fulfilled the Ancient Prophesy, and has taken control of the forum itself.

The future is bright and glorious. All hail The Wise One.

All Hail Daemon.

-------------------

Sorry RIS, Halsey, Sledger and Milenko - there is one last twist in this game. You all lose.

Daemon is the winner!

Had Daemon died at any point of this game, the cult would have been dissolved and you all would have returned to Town. But given he's survived to the end and the Cult have won the game - that makes him the sole and only winner.

Dead QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/zkd7tTFyxqe
HCW QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/r9zhxGrkBjWXr
Coronaviruses QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/QxgwHMVmrNgm
Cult QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/6hiWXMZVjeT8

Attached is the excel file I used for this game

Attachments

Last edited:

StephenZA

That was a **** show from Town. I still don't understand how Daemon got away with it after I was lynched, except maybe some of the more experienced players were no shows.

Last edited:

Victor Ian

I think a large part was his HCW infiltration. He had 6 players worth of reports to use to play his watcher game, as well as Sledger and Halsey to mislead us within.

zorax

likes this
thanks all for playing

probably a bit too complex for the newer members, and the more experienced guys probably didn't appreciate being stuck in Vanilla Townie roles. I thought it would be a challenge for them to try and crack the game without a night role, but guess I was wrong.

Forgetting to send Stephen one piece of info was a major **** up, but I did share the correct info immediately after, and I dropped plenty of clues in my write-ups to benefit Town throughout the game. Not to mention there were 6 town players in a QT together. You guys really should have solved it from there.

In the end what won it for the cult was Daemon and RIS putting in a lot of hard work. Actually, had cult not recruited RIS when they did, Town might have won.

Town was pretty lucky to get rid of the viruses early too. Should have won the game from there, but the HCW QT just never got going. Once Sledger joined Daemon, it was all over.

I'd like to run this again in the future because I think the mechanics of the game are fun, and the quality of play might be a lot better second time around with people understanding it better. Plus maybe I won't **** things up second time around. But not any time soon. I think we need a simple game next that the newbies can sink their teeth into, and that gives all the pissed off veterans something to enjoy.

StephenZA

Yeah. Well, you had a chance to catch him out. Oh, wait....no you didn't. Your unfortunate death was the critical one, in my opinion.
I did catch him out... I stated he was lying and I stated who I had seen him visit... not believing me before the lynch is fair enough, but after my lynch that was just poor play from Town to not immediately lynch Daemon.

Victor Ian

I did catch him out... I stated he was lying and I stated who I had seen him visit... not believing me before the lynch is fair enough, but after my lynch that was just poor play from Town to not immediately lynch Daemon.
I was only following along then, and was surprised that town did not immediately lynch him after your death.

Marcuss

thanks all for playing

probably a bit too complex for the newer members, and the more experienced guys probably didn't appreciate being stuck in Vanilla Townie roles. I thought it would be a challenge for them to try and crack the game without a night role, but guess I was wrong.

Forgetting to send Stephen one piece of info was a major **** up, but I did share the correct info immediately after, and I dropped plenty of clues in my write-ups to benefit Town throughout the game. Not to mention there were 6 town players in a QT together. You guys really should have solved it from there.

In the end what won it for the cult was Daemon and RIS putting in a lot of hard work. Actually, had cult not recruited RIS when they did, Town might have won.

Town was pretty lucky to get rid of the viruses early too. Should have won the game from there, but the HCW QT just never got going. Once Sledger joined Daemon, it was all over.

I'd like to run this again in the future because I think the mechanics of the game are fun, and the quality of play might be a lot better second time around with people understanding it better. Plus maybe I won't **** things up second time around. But not any time soon. I think we need a simple game next that the newbies can sink their teeth into, and that gives all the pissed off veterans something to enjoy.
My personal life has been a **** show; had nothing to do with the role. I just didn’t have time to look at this properly.

Just needed to get to it a day earlier in all likelihood and could have affected thenoutcomep