• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Podcasts

Dan

Global Moderator
Trying to better spend my time driving by listening to some podcasts. Any recommendations?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I don't really like their usual personas on TV, but have really enjoyed listening to Craig Hutchison and Damian Barrett on The Sounding Board. More about the relationships and manoeuvring in the Australian media than anything else, and a bit of AFL politics in there too.

Keeping It 1600 has been my go to podcast for the US election. Zach Lowe for NBA stuff. I pick and choose some from Wilosophy by Wil Anderson, just depending on who the guest is.

And because I keep missing the TV show, I listen to Have You Been Paying Attention? via podcast. I love Sam Pang.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't really like their usual personas on TV, but have really enjoyed listening to Craig Hutchison and Damian Barrett on The Sounding Board. More about the relationships and manoeuvring in the Australian media than anything else, and a bit of AFL politics in there too.

Keeping It 1600 has been my go to podcast for the US election. Zach Lowe for NBA stuff. I pick and choose some from Wilosophy by Wil Anderson, just depending on who the guest is.

And because I keep missing the TV show, I listen to Have You Been Paying Attention? via podcast. I love Sam Pang.
Do you listen to 2 Guys 1 Cup? Pretty good AFL pod imo.

I listen to 28 podcasts regularly, but I honestly don't think you'd be interested in any of them.

Shri

what have they been talking about for the last 5 years?
The ****s talk about one book for 3 ****ing years and are miserable morons who kinda hate the show so that should light the trip up and keep depression at bay.

They have been into the world of ice and fire recently.

zorax

likes this
I quite like Joe Rogan's podcast; but then again I'm into both Stand Up comedy and MMA, so naturally I'm drawn towards the topics he likes to talk about. He also does a lot of talking about fitness and health and wellness and recreational drug use. Has some really cool guests on. All interesting stuff.

Apart from that, there's this great cricket podcast by a couple of CW members...

Gnske

I quite like Joe Rogan's podcast; but then again I'm into both Stand Up comedy and MMA, so naturally I'm drawn towards the topics he likes to talk about. He also does a lot of talking about fitness and health and wellness and recreational drug use. Has some really cool guests on. All interesting stuff.

Apart from that, there's this great cricket podcast by a couple of CW members...
Please do a podcast on the cons and even more cons of Chennai

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, I've been listening to that. Been getting better as it's gone on, "sockgate" has been enjoyable.
Haha yeah, it's not particularly strong on AFL analysis or anything but quite enjoyable. Wil gets a bit too much into his own jokes sometimes, but I put it down to him being off his head most of the time. Sock-gate has been fantastic haha. "Deepsock" got me laughing hard.