• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The American Politics thread

Ikki

Top cat is right. That's basically the American dream. They all aspire to be rich and therefore dont want higher taxes for the rich because "when" they become wealthy they will have to pay those taxes. The whole thing is a con.
Or they don't think it's the solution and it will exacerbate the problem.

Spark

Global Moderator
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/how-...k-205650975.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Oh man, some of the stuff here is great, in an appalling way for Sanders.

Dot Scott, the president of the NAACP’s Charleston branch, was similarly critical of Sanders’ team. Scott, who admitted being family friends with Clinton’s South Carolina state director, said she only had one contact with the Sanders campaign, and it went “sour.”

Like many South Carolinians, Scott has received calls at home from phone bankers. She said one of these entreaties from the Sanders campaign led her to go off on a 10-minute tirade and demand an apology.

“One of my experiences that I think I won’t forget for a long time is a call that I got from the Sanders campaign. This person that called asked me was I voting for Sen. Sanders. I said no. I was voting for Secretary Clinton. The phone went silent for a little bit,” Scott recounted. “You could hear this person struggling to come up with what they’re going to say next. … They call that a real pregnant pause, nine months’ worth of pregnant pause. And he finally came back and he says to me, ‘You know, Senator Sanders is for welfare.’”

This did not provoke a positive reaction from Scott.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
3 weeks ago. He was incensed and attacked me because I didn't give Adam Voges a standing ovation (even though ostensibly Zorax is not an Australian so should have no interest in the matter).
I told him where to take his opinions. He then launched into some bizarre paragraph long diatribe full of bile and hatred (judging from what little I saw of it) which had obviously been on his chest for quite some time. And now he seems to want to continue the fight at all costs.

I think his goal is to run me off the site. You would have to ask him why. I don't mean anyone any harm and am willing to shake his hand if he ever wants to move on from it. I am not emotionally caught up in it like he seems to be.

I personally feel he should be banned for being determined to feud with me.
I am surprised at reading this. Zorax is generally pretty easy to get along with.

Gnske

3 weeks ago. He was incensed and attacked me because I didn't give Adam Voges a standing ovation (even though ostensibly Zorax is not an Australian so should have no interest in the matter)
You should take that as a sign of just how offensive what you did is.

Top_Cat

so wait, did Bernie's team watch Obama comfortably win 2012 purely because he actually appealed to more than just white people, and not take notes or something
Ja but what Clinton is doing has taken years to build in a very personal way, only trumped by, yknow, the first black President. Whoever was opposing Clinton was always going to be up against it. That said, that the Sanders team member managed to splutter a line about welfare is so tone deaf, just beggars belief doesn't it?

Last edited:

Hurricane

You should take that as a sign of just how offensive what you did is.
Your post is getting into blame the victim mentality. Polite people do not walk around giving people a spray for not following perceived cricketing etiquette.

Below is a photo of the crowd reaction when Voges scored his 100. As you can see very few people stood. If you are offended by this then I suggest you write an open letter to the Dominion Post teling off the thousands of people who attended that day.
We clapped him when he got to 100 and we congratulated him. Standing ovations are reserved for special knocks.

The fact that Zorax went after me at all, and the fact he was so quickly able to come up with his diatribe leads to suspect he was looking for an opportunity to unleash.

You will need to click on it to enlarge it.

Voges.jpg

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Normally I wouldn't watch this crap but I'm hoping Chris Rock makes this very political and is just brutal towards the industry. I'll stop after the monologue.

Anil

it was a very political oscars...quite different from the mostly vanilla shows of past years...chris rock just let it rip, didn't hold back at all...