• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Toast

Flem274*

123/5
look at these indians frying bread in a pan, claiming it's not fried bread, then crying racism when someone points it out

maybe you want a brown person to verify it for you? because the last time i had fried bread it was cooked by a maori friend for a pre-drinks who called it...fried bread.

im gonna have brunch with a mate today but before i go i might have some stewed bread. you stew it by putting it in a toaster, don't you @ me.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
look at these indians frying bread in a pan, claiming it's not fried bread, then crying racism when someone points it out

maybe you want a brown person to verify it for you? because the last time i had fried bread it was cooked by a maori friend for a pre-drinks who called it...fried bread.

im gonna have brunch with a mate today but before i go i might have some stewed bread. you stew it by putting it in a toaster, don't you @ me.
bread in the toaster is broiled, not stewed

harsh.ag

I expect such nonsense from Gimp but not from you. Maori friend smh

For all the heathens in the thread: https://www.wikihow.com/Toast-Bread-Without-a-Toaster

Shady Slim

two slices of buttered toast (unsalted butter and wholemeal bread) along with a brace of up n go's is my normal breakfast. low GI and gets me through the day with the energy that i need

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Isn't french toast fried?
Yeah but if you asked for toast and someone brought you French toast you'd think it was super weird. It's really its own thing with its own standalone name at this point rather than French just being an adjective IMO.

Victor Ian

Isnt it only fried if you add oil? Kentucky fried chicken is not cooked in a fry pan. Frying is not about the pan.

Victor Ian

That posted picture. There is a little bit of oil, but the bread is not IN it. Its on it. Perhaps our two cultures can meet in the middle and call that froast.

Daemon

I think the image that someone posted earlier was a bit misleading because it was swimming in melted butter/oil. If you slap on a little bit of butter on both sides and grill it, that's toast isn't it? When you make burgers they do the same and call it a toasted bun.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I've always considered fried bread toast and just thought toasters are used in hotel buffets and by college students tbh - like a 'workaround' to get toast while sacrificing a lot of the quality.

Apparently this is not true, not even trying to be a douche here. You learn something new everyday.

Shady Slim

apparently some call french toast "poor knights of windsor" (source; wikipedia), which, is this a bizarre english thing i don't know about?

Line and Length

apparently some call french toast "poor knights of windsor" (source; wikipedia), which, is this a bizarre english thing i don't know about?
The Poor Knights of Windsor breakfast is French toast with jam and cream. The Poor Knights originated over 500 years ago and were given accommodation in Windsor Castle in return for services that included praying for the monarch.