• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. vcs

Simple things that you can't do

I can't snap my fingers.
  2. vcs

Keyboard/mouse advice Spark and Chewie

I want to blow some money on a good keyboard/mouse setup now that I'll be WFH for a while now. I'd like a sturdy build quality, preferably wireless. The keys have to be very predictable with no double-types etc. Mostly I'll use it for programming, no gaming. Recommendations please.
  3. vcs

Is it worth paying for Coursera?

I did some courses there when the platform first came up, and even a couple in 2014 or so, and they were reasonably challenging - I actually learnt something from them. Now the assignments are of a standard that a trained monkey could complete and they skim over anything remotely interesting or...
  4. vcs

Anyone here own any Tesla products?

Cars, Powerpacks etc.? Are they good?
  5. vcs

Say Featherstonehaugh

How would you pronounce it? 10 Internet points to whoever gets it right
  6. vcs

Why are Apple keyboards so terrible?

Utter garbage. How can you do such a bad job at something that should be relatively simple to get right.
  7. vcs

Insomnia thread

Post here when you just can't get to sleep no matter what.
  8. vcs

How many threads have you started?

66 including this one. Quite surprised TBH, didn't think it'd be that many.
  9. vcs

Dumbest thing you've done lately

I added salt instead of sugar to my coffee this morning. That's not even the worst part, it took me three sips to figure it out. Or perhaps it's a damning indictment of some of the coffee I've had over the years. So go on CWers, regale us with tales of your own bumbling ineptitude. With Shri...
  10. vcs

*Official* Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019

1st Test: Pakistan v Sri Lanka at Rawalpindi on Dec 11-15, 2019 (10:00 local | 05:00 GMT | 10:30 IST) 2nd test: Pakistan v Sri Lanka at Karachi on Dec 19-23, 2019 (10:00 local | 05:00 GMT | 10:30 IST) Test cricket finally returns to Pakistan.
  11. vcs

Mark Taylor vs. David Boon

Pretty similar looking records. Who was better?
  12. vcs

Prithvi Shaw suspended for doping violation

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27286167/prithvi-shaw-suspended-november-15-doping-violation
  13. vcs

Extreme deification of the armed forces..

Why is this a thing? I can never understand it.
  14. vcs

Replace one letter in a cricketer's name...

It's a dull Monday morning at work, so I thought what the hell. May as well enliven some of your lives. Replace one letter in a cricketer's name to get something rude/funny/weird/vaguely insulting. I'll start with: Oaf du Plessis
  15. vcs

I rescued two baby squirrels, what do I feed them?

Help
  16. vcs

20 years ago today..

What a legend.
  17. vcs

The lack of competitiveness of Test teams away from home

Been thinking about this recently. SA are probably the best of the crop right now away from home, having won in Australia and NZ, but they did lose in England and India. I have little hope of India doing much more than winning/drawing a Test or two across their three big tours next year. Is...
  18. vcs

*Officlal* Commentary Praise Thread

I liked that segment with Flintoff and Rob Keys about how it is harder to bowl yorkers consistently with the batsmen moving about the crease more these days.
  19. vcs

Coffee..

This is the only proper way to make the beverage. Discuss.