• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mafia - main thread

Daemon

To be fair, I think Sledger and Halsey's work in that QT is what won the game. I'm looking forward to reading it.
haha yeah, great work from them. I think in terms of importance the following were all pretty crucial

- Recruiting sledger N1
- zorax **** up leading to Stephen mislynch
- Choosing to lead a lynch on GIMH and letting CA die
- Halsey and sledger having control of things in the HCW QT
- GIMH posting emojis

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha yeah, great work from them. I think in terms of importance the following were all pretty crucial

- Recruiting sledger N1
- zorax **** up leading to Stephen mislynch
- Choosing to lead a lynch on GIMH and letting CA die
- Halsey and sledger having control of things in the HCW QT
- GIMH posting emojis
Marcuss being absent and recruiting RIS when we did also crucial.

No way you'd have copped out of being lynched if either of the above didn't happen imo. The GIMH probably would never have got through either, I suspect.

Daemon

Ah yeah, choosing to recruit RIS was a good move by yours truly.

As for **** ups, we forgot to treat poor Magrat and I really didn't have to claim watcher for no reason. Somehow it worked though.

Tom Halsey

Ah yeah, choosing to recruit RIS was a good move by yours truly.

As for **** ups, we forgot to treat poor Magrat and I really didn't have to claim watcher for no reason. Somehow it worked though.
This really should have cost us the game. Wasn't so much a case of forgot, more a case of I hadn't read the rules properly and thought she had another day. Didn't want to randomly switch to treating her as I had already said in the HCW QT that I would treat someone else (Sledger I think) and thought it would raise suspicions amongst the HCWs to switch to MG when she hadn't posted in the thread that she had symptoms (unless I missed it). Thus I thought it was safer to just cure the next day.

As it was... MG died and SZA flipped town all in one night, and given that SZA had seen Daemon visit MG N0 it was a very pleasant surprise that Daemon wasn't lynched.

Tom Halsey

Especially as Daemon had claimed a role that it was revealed SZA had on top of that.

Was a gun post from RIS (the Zorax-style one) that I think was mainly responsible for Daemon not even really being pressured much. I really thought we had lost at that stage.

Red_Ink_Squid

Also amidst the confusion of Stephen's reports being wrong we were able successfully spin it as Daemon's reports being correct, but if anyone had actually checked they'd have seen they weren't (he said he hadn't seen Stephen when Stephen had seen him).

We were definitely helped by an absent Marcuss and lots of new players on the Town side. Hope the new guys play again now they've an idea of how the game works (it's not always as complicated as this game to be fair).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I thought the emojis were an obvious zorax thing but according to the Dead QT I shouldn't have bothered playing along.

Anyway I had a stinker going hard after vcs and hb. vcs just seemed so evasive and hb stank to me.

That lynch on me though. God damn.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Tbf I brought up the Daemon thing but nobody bit. sledger making that post right after should've tipped me off.

Stupid game. :@

Thankfully I have some dishes to wash to forget about this.

Tom Halsey

Also feel a bit sorry for Victor Ian who replaced someone into a situation that he had already lost. As RIS said, hope the new players play again. This was a pretty difficult game for a first go.

Red_Ink_Squid

Was a gun post from RIS (the Zorax-style one) that I think was mainly responsible for Daemon not even really being pressured much. I really thought we had lost at that stage.
Thanks, I can confirm that I put more thought into that post than anything I wrote for work that day.

Daemon

Was a fun game zorax, could have gone incredibly crazy had the viruses not been killed off so quickly.

Hope the newbs aren't put off by it's complexity. I even had to make a zorax style spreadsheet to understand it ffs. CA, HB and Victor Ian should definitely play the next one, always good to have more players. RIS has been a great addition to the CW mafia squad.

Red_Ink_Squid

Yeah, after being converted I gave the newbies (CA especially) some grief for pretending not to understand all the rules to make them look more suspicious ...but when zorax posts the link to the cult QT you'll see half of it is us asking zorax for rules clarifications.

Also, viruses got wiped out very early which was a shame as it wasn't as if they had made any false moves. I noted at the time the irony that Halsey was doctor last game too and saved Uppercut there by treating him each night. Here it was the same combo but the outcome reversed.

Last edited:

Victor Ian

It's over? Can't wait to read the write up.

I'm not put off. Still thought we had the slightest chance. It was hard to come in and try to catch up on so much without having lived through the early phases.

But next time, I want my gun back!

Red_Ink_Squid

Ah, we've also forgotten to mention that the best player in that game was actually Stephen. Sussed the cult leader earlier than anyone but got sawn off by an umpiring error. Before he died he even pleaded with Town to lynch Daemon the next day (unheeded). Brutally hard done by.